It's been a most excellent week of vacationing, friends. Lots of pool time with lil' Bubba, as seen above. We're planning on spending the weekend up to our eyes in boat drinks and boiled peanuts before returning to La La Land on Sunday. In the meantime, here are five things that caught my eye whilst lounging about this week:
- Can I get an amen for Lizzie over at Tomboy Style? She wrote this post about the prevalence of snark on the internet, and I think she deserves a standing ovation for it. I've seen how great the internet can be recently (see this article about the internet's response to my former coworker Marianne's baby, who was diagnosed with a rare cancer a few days after his 1st birthday. Follow along with his story at the #GoHugo Facebook page). Let's nip the snark in the bud, shall we?
- Really excited for the release of Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman's new book, A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home. As always, those girls have got it going on.
- Design*Sponge has been doing a lot of "Best of's" this week, including several on fabulous kitchens, and this extra-wide kitchen counter got my gears grinding. At 90" x 44", not only could you roll out 6 pies at once, but you can also seat 8 for dinner. Genius.
- Love, LOVE the Stella lights by Rosie Li.
- And last but not least, I love this library by Steven Gambrel, as seen in Elle Decor. I mean, wow.
Happy Labor Day weekend, y'all. See you next week!